Sunday, December 10, 2006

Jang Young-gyu - A Bittersweet Life (Dalkomhan insaeng)

Here is the soundtrack from the film A Bittersweet Life (Dalkomhan insaeng). The film was directed by Ji-woon Kim who also directed the underrated The Quiet Family and A Tale of Two Sisters (soundtrack for that one is available here). Bittersweet is often compared to Oldboy, or it's at least usually mentioned in the same breath as Oldboy, which is a film I honestly did not care for. Blasphemy, I know. To this day I am the only person I know of who didn't like Oldboy. Seriously, check out the reviews on the Movie Review Query Engine, it's like 95% 3/4 or higher. Popular film.

Now, that I've thrown all my credibility out the window with my anti-Oldboy sentiments we can move onto the music for A Bittersweet Life. It's a very classy score, you could probably throw it on during a dinner party or something if you were so inclined. Although track 10 gets kinda action-packed towards the end, so be careful. Don't quote me on this tracklist here, I'm not 100% on it. The titles were in Korean so I had to hunt the tracklist down off of some random site. If anyone catches any mistakes, let me know.

01 Dialogue #1
02 My Sad Night
03 Irreversible Time
04 Dialogue #2
05 Romance (Composed By Yuhki Kuramoto)
06 Red Lounge
07 Long Journey
08 Red Ice-rink
09 A Bittersweet Life II
10 A Bittersweet Life
11 Escape
12 Fearness
13 Dark Room
14 Follow
15 Etude In E Minor (Composed By Francisco Tarrega)
16 Dialogue #3
17 Sky Lounge
18 Irrevisible Time (Quartet)
19 A Bittersweet Life III
20 A Honeyed Question


http://hideurl.net/?r=6yi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this soundtrack. I've just bought the DVD of this film and am looking forward to getting round to seeing it even more now that you have given me a copy of the music!

Wasn't The Quiet Family the film that Takashi Miike later remade into The Happiness of the Katakuris?

Anonymous said...

Yes! The Quiet Family is the film that Takashi Miike later remade into The Happiness of the Katakuris!

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid to report that tracks No. 19 + 20 have a lot of skips errors!

phelpster said...

Oh man, I'm sorry about that. I checked most of the tracks before posting it, but I didn't have time to finish. Terribly sorry, I only have the MP3 files, not the original CD. But I will check around and if I find those two I'll be sure to share them as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails