Saturday, July 21, 2007

Pet Sematary



The 1989 Mary Lambert film Pet Sematary. Yet another movie we can expect to see remade in the near future. Right alongside Prom Night, April Fool's Day, and an assload of others, each set to feature a bunch of people much prettier than you and me. I know, I know, movie stars have always been prettier than us, it's a stupid statement, but I thought it sounded good, so I'm sticking with it. I still think movie producers should think like the Italians of the 70's and 80's and just rip movies off and use a different title. That's much more fun in my opinion.

I, like a lot of people, think a large portion of the movies based on Stephen King books are either pretty bad or downright crappy (especially any of them directed by Mick Garris, Master of Horror my ass.) However, I personally think Pet Sematary is rather good. But I do find it to be very depressing with the gruesome introduction to Massive Headwound Pascow, the little kid Cage being dismembered by a truck, and the overall oppressive atmosphere throughout entire running time, so it's not one I pop in too often. While very depressing, it's not really too terrifying of a film, but I will say that the diseased sister Zelda is one of the creepiest things I've ever seen. The couple of minutes with that character genuinely frighten me to this day. I made that screenshot with my hands over my eyes. Seriously.

6 comments:

Kuro said...

well, dont find this movie so scary either, but is still one of my favs

thanx for sharing!

Erin said...

Oooooh Pet Semetary thank you!

I'm on the "wow, that's a shitty movie" bandwagon concerning King too, especially if Mick Garris is the director. Yech. Surprisingly I loved 1408.

I didn't enjoy this movie but loved the book (and of course the music)

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! I love the "Zelda moments" in this movie too! Each time I see her I get a shiver down my back - scariest character ever!

James said...

Maybe could re-upload the link? Does not work??

harry lime said...

definetly agree on sister zelda , that scared the shit out of me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails