Friday, July 27, 2007

Get Simpsonized Part Duex


Well, if you were one of the many people who just couldn’t get Simpsonized due to the highly unpredictable and slow nature of the site I linked to the other day, fear not. Looks like there’s another variation of the Simpsonizer available on the Simpsons Movie page. This one doesn’t have a cool name like the other one, it just says “Create Your Simpsons Avatar”, you can find it right next the Simpsons Movie logo at the top of the page. It’s for making an Avatar to use with IM or whatever you use, but you can save it as a JPEG and I found the results to be much closer to what I actually look like (minus the hair). And with this one you don't have to worry about the pesky picture uploading part, you have to start completely from scratch. There are even some cool games to play while you’re on the site.

I’ll be going to see the movie tomorrow afternoon and like a lot of long time fans I’m a little afraid it might suck. But I’ve been watching the show since the very first episode premiered in 1989 so I have to go. I been watching this show for over 2/3rds of my life, so I don't think I have any choice. The reviews seem to be pretty good so far, but the show has been rather mediocre the past several years (I know, everyone says that, but I think it's true), and I'm not really liking a lot of the previews so far. Especially that Spider-Pig thing, which I can’t for the life of me figure out why that is funny. Everyone I know seems to think it’s funny, so maybe I'm just a mean-spirited asshole, I don't know. But I will be there opening day to find out for myself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to see the film in about an hour. I might be going in with low expectations. So I can only be surprised.

Anonymous said...

Let us know your opinion... I as well think the last few seasons were, well, just crap to be honest - the ideas were sometimes awful and boring.
But a movie is different than an episode. The trick is to come up with a story that can hold everyones attention for an hour and 15 minutes, and to build in enough laughs.

Anonymous said...

it's got some great laughs in it. The first half hour is some non stop laughs.

phelpster said...

Cool, that's good to hear. I'm pretty excited to go see it, since it was my favorite show for about a decade. I'm leaving in about 2 hours, I'll probably do a little mini review or something once I get back.

R K said...

I tried the Simpsonizeme site and it would always give me errors while my pic was loading. I got to the part where you choose age/gender, but it kept shutting down during the wait.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails