Saturday, August 04, 2007

Elliot Goldenthal - The Butcher Boy

Here's the soundtrack from The Butcher Boy, the 1997 film directed by Neil Jordan, based on the novel by Pat McCabe. When I first came across The Butcher Boy at a video store I just assumed it was a slasher film, given the title and the masked knife-wielding individual on the cover. While there is a slashing that takes place during the movie, it certainly doesn't belong in the horror section. As a big slasher fan I normally would've checked it out immediately, but I only saw the box once and forgot all about it for a while. It was a couple years later that I actually got around to seeing it after hearing what it was actually about and I was blown away. Eamonn Owen's portrayal of Francie Brady has to be one of the absolute best performances by a young actor ever captured on film. I mean, all of the performances are top notch but I was especially impressed by him. Check it out if you haven't already, you might love it, you might hate it (it is rather bizarre after all), but I highly recommend it.

Elliot Goldenthal was the composer, but you'll also find songs from Dion and the Belmonts and Sinead O'Connor (who also played 'Our Lady' in the film) among others.

1. The Francie Brady Show (02:23)
2. Blood of the Apache (02:34)
3. Tune For Da (02:08)
4. Mack the Knife (02:37)
Santo & Johnny
5. Pig Fur Elise (03:31)
6. No One Knows (02:35)
Dion & The Belmonts
7. My Ole Pal (01:20)
8. Blessed Mothers Carnival Night (03:38)
9. Funeral And Ave Maria (01:54)
"Ave Maria" Performed by John McCormack
10. Oh Mein Papa (02:44)
Eddie Calvert
11. Francie Brady Not our Lady (01:20)
12. Tune For Da (02:19)
13. Nut Rocker (02:00)
B Bumble & the Stingers
14. Sweet Heart of Jesus (03:30)
Regina Nathan
15. The Butcher Boy (04:06)
Sinead O'Connor

That little bleeder has me sister's nerves in tatters!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was looking through the site and I found one of your compilations and I was wondering where this Giallo Title Generator is?

phelpster said...

The Giallo Title Generator can be found right here. It also makes up a director name and a plot description. Have fun!

attax said...

Hi, thanks a lot for the score. I love the movie. The boy is just too crazy ... :) Have you checked out Jordan's Breakfast on Pluto ? Also a Story about another strange boy ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails