Wednesday, August 08, 2007

James Horner - Commando


Sorry about the lack of updates in the past week, I've been in the middle of a grueling and painful job search so I haven't had a lot of free time to update. I'm going to try and get back on track, so here's James Horner's music from Commando. Arnold Schwarzenegger stars as John Matrix, (surely one of the most "action" names ever made up) a retired Colonel whose daughter Jenny Matrix (Alyssa Milano, who later went on to become one of the most attractive women in the history of the world) is kidnapped by a bunch of evil terrorist-y type bad guys. John must face countless henchmen in order to get his daughter back in one piece. Guess who wins?

This soundtrack was released as a Limited Edition (of 3,000 copies) a few years back. It was one of over a dozen things Horner scored in 1985, along with Volunteers and Cocoon, to name a couple.

1. Prologue/Main Title (03:58)
2. Ambush And Kidnapping (02:35)
3. Captured (02:14)
4. Surprise (08:19)
5. Sully Runs (04:34)
6. Moving Jenny (03:44)
7. Matrix Breaks In (03:29)
8. Infiltration, Showdown And Finale (14:33)


7 comments:

Mark said...

thanks phelpster, I always appreciate a new rarity

colinr said...

Don't worry about the posts - I appreciate what you can do (and sympathise as I'm in the middle of my own job search at the moment!)

Evan said...

Wow, thanks for the soundtrack to a great movie! (yet again). If you could , drop by my music blog and check uot some cool soundtracks!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Great score, I have this one, but it's good to see it made available to all those Commando fans. I too am on the job search thing too, so I understand.

Abbra said...

You write very well.

Anonymous said...

This post is the best thing to ever happen on the internet.

Ronnie said...

Fan-bloomin'-tastic!
Commando is a vastly under-rated film.

Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails