Tuesday, April 30, 2013

New Releases 4/30

Here's a few new releases we (me) at the Morgue recommend you pick up today.
The Vampire Lovers
Finally, Scream Factory's long awaited release of The Vampire Lovers hits stores. Be sure to read my review here. Buy it from Shout by clicking the image above.


Night of the Scarecrow - not to be confused with Dark Night of the Scarecrow, Night of the Scarecrow is a film from Leatherface director Jeff Burr from 1995. Check it out at Amazon.

Also out today, a pair of Full Moon Blu-ray releases from Stuart Gordon (Re-Animator, From Beyond), the not so great Castle Freak and the actually really awesome The Pit and the Pendulum.


Another title to look for today, coming to DVD from Dark Sky, Astron 6's Manborg. I actually have this on the way to my house, so look for a review for that soon. Until then, those interested can pick it for the only $9.99 at Amazon.

Digital Download (aka Texas Chainsaw Unrated Digital Download Rant)

Here's something that's going to cause a lot of piracy. The awesomely stupid Texas Chainsaw is coming to digital download today, but the Blu-ray/DVD won't be out until May 14th. That's weird, but whatever, I can wait a couple weeks. But in a decision that has pissed the horror community right off, Lionsgate announced their digital download will be Unrated, while the Blu-ray will be the R-Rated theatrical cut only. Isn't that a kick in the cunt. How does this make sense to anyone at Lionsgate? All this is going to do is cause a whole bunch of people to illegally download the movie, then by the time the Blu-ray comes out nobody is going to care enough to buy it. There's no way this won't lose them money.

Like a lot of people, I don't like paying for digital content. If I want to buy an album and I can get the MP3s for $8, or the CD for $12, I'll pay more for the CD to actually own a physical copy. I am a notoriously cheap bastard, but even I will pay more for an actual copy of something. So Lionsgate screwing the fans who pay more for the Blu-ray by only providing them with the shorter cut of the movie is an absolute dick move. I actually liked the theatrical cut of Texas Chainsaw just fine, so I still plan on buying the Blu-ray when it's out, but I'm certainly not going to pay for the digital copy too, I'll wait and hope an Unrated Blu-ray comes out later, and rent it with a coupon. I wonder if the Blu-ray will at least have a code for the unrated digital download, but I'm sure they'll probably dick us on that too. This is a very confusing, questionable decision.

Do your thing, cuz.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails