Dead Souls - Scream Factory
Produced for the Chiller network, Dead Souls is an atmospheric tale that finds 18-year old Johnny Petrie inheriting a rundown old farmhouse with a terrible past. Look for my review for this one soon, just finishing it up. Purchase the Blu-ray directly from Scream Factory. Also available on DVD.
Todd & the Book of Pure Evil - The Complete 2nd Season
Tragically canceled before a third season could be produced this Canadian High School comedy combines horror, metal and extreme gore in a very funny package.
Todd and the Gang return for more gore-a-fying adventures at Crowley High. Todd is torn between his horny needs and his dark destiny; Jenny discovers the reason behind her Dad s disappearance; Curtis ex-girlfriend returns to throw the Gang in turmoil; and Hannah discovers a secret so disturbing that it threatens her own identity. Meanwhile, Atticus is determined to unlock the Book s power for himself, and Jimmy is, well, doing Jimmy things.
Bonus Features: Blooper Reel, Deleted and Extended Scenes, Extended Musical Numbers, Special FX Bonus Material, Behind-the-Scenes Featurette, In Memoriam : A tribute to the fallen students of Crowley High, Three Audio Commentaries with Cast & Crew.
Don't be an Ass Taxi, grab it from Amazon. If you're interested in the show but are unfamiliar with it, both seasons are currently available to stream on Netflix, do check it out.
Also, possibly coming out today is Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead from director Noboru Iguchi. It's listed as releasing today on Amazon, but then it is coming from Tokyo Shock, so really, who the hell knows? If it does get released for sure expect a lot of Iguchi's patented mix of poop jokes and weirdo gore.
Wracked with guilt over the suicide of her sister, who was tormented by high school bullies, young karate student Megumi accompanies a group of friends on a trip into the woods. Attacked by a crowd of poop-covered undead who emerge from an outhouse toilet, the group seeks refuge in the home of the strange Dr. Tanaka, who conducts experiments on the zombies ... and who has another fate in mind for the five strangers. Can Megumi s karate help them escape, or will she have to rely on the liberating power of farts to save the day?
Foxy Brown (Region B, Arrow Video)
When Foxy Brown s undercover-agent boyfriend is gunned down on the orders of evil drug kingpins, she stops at nothing to exact a thrillingly brutal revenge. This is one of the all-time great blaxploitation films, pulling out all the stops at a time long before anyone thought of inventing political correctness.
Pam Grier was given the role of a lifetime as the street-smart yet intensely sexy Foxy, modelling a stupendously varied range of Seventies threads while righteously kicking villainous white butt at every opportunity. She s also given sterling support from Antonio Huggy Bear Fargas as her no-good younger brother and a memorably funky soundtrack.
- Limited Edition SteelBook packaging with exclusive artwork
- Restored High Definition Blu-ray presentation (1080p)
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with director Jack Hill
- From Black and White to Blaxploitation Actor Sid Haig speaks about his long and influential friendship with Jack Hill
- A Not So Minor Influence An Interview with Bob Minor, the first African-American member of the Stuntman s Association, and co-star of Foxy Brown
- Back to Black Legendary actors Fred The Hammer Williamson (Black Caesar) and Austin Stoker (Sheba Baby, Assault on Precinct 13 ), alongside Rosanne Katon (Ebony, Ivory, and Jade) and film scholar Howard S. Berger speak about the enduring popularity of the Blaxploitation film
- Photo gallery of behind-the-scenes and publicity images
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Trailer Reel Trailers for all the major works by Jack Hill including Foxy Brown, Coffy and Switchblade Sisters
- Collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Josiah Howard, author of Blaxploitation Cinema: The Essential Reference Guide, a new interview with Pam Grier by Jack Hill biographer Calum Waddell, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
I don't normally mention music releases here, I feel compelled to mention today's release of Deceiver of the Gods by one of my personal favorite bands Amon Amarth. I haven't heard the album yet, but they're one of the most consistent bands in all of metal, I buy all their albums the second the preorder goes up because I know Amon Amarth never disappoints. The Deluxe Edition CD+EP is only $12 right now, so buy it up.