Thursday, October 17, 2013

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones Trailer Premiere

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones will be hitting theaters in January, and the trailer has found its way online today.

 
It's the fifth movie with Paranormal Activity in the title, but not Part 5, which is set to come out next October. That's right, we get two of these things next year. The Marked Ones is a sort of spin-off from the proper series focusing on an entirely different group of people.

I've caught all of the sequels in this series even though I'm not a fan of the first PA. I'm all for a slow building film so long as it builds to something. I dragged a poor friend along with me because I got caught up in the hype and I was bored almost to tears. If I were him I would've kicked my ass. Holy shit, footprints!

Part 2-4 were improvements in my opinion because something at least happened during the movies. They are far from great, or even good films, but there were at least a few cool memorable bits in each film like the hair lift, and the really, really well done sheet gag from Part III. With Part 1 I spent the entire time during the many scenes of nothing happening hoping some less obnoxious people would break into the house, kill Micah and Katie and take over as the leads. Which unfortunately didn't happen, we were stuck with those fuckers to the bitter end.

As with all of these sequels, I'll see the next two, but most likely only with a free Redbox coupon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails