Sunday, October 27, 2013

SNL's Amazing Wes Anderson Horror Trailer

I'm not much of an SNL fan really, especially the current stuff. I think it's pretty crappy at best, and at its worst it's nearly physically painful - try watching just two minutes of this clip and tell me you don't have the sudden urge to run outside and slam your car door on your own head. I do watch the show occasionally, but I mostly just sit there with a frown on my face due to how terrible the comedy is, and because I'm rapidly becoming an old man I sit there complaining that whatever the musical guest is playing "isn't music". 

I'm glad I watched last night though, because for the first time in a very long time they came up with something actually really awesome. It's a spot on fake trailer for what a home invasion The Strangers/You're Next style horror film would look like if it were directed by Wes Anderson. This is pretty perfect as it looks 100% like a Wes Anderson trailer all the way down to the fonts. Apart from the stupid "Da Fuh?" quote towards the end of the trailer this could pass for a real movie. It's maybe not hysterically funny, but it's pretty great and even a bit informative. Who knew Edward Norton could do an amazing Owen Wilson?

The Midnight Coterie of Sinister Intruders - A fake film not by, but in the style of Wes Anderson

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Yup, that is certainly brilliant.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails