Thursday, October 12, 2017

Amityville: The Awakening Free To Own From Google Play


Franck Khalfoun's Amityville: The Awakening has had a hell of a time getting released. I don't know the story behind all the delays, because I'm not a big fan of the series and I haven't really bothered to read up on the subject, but this thing was made forever ago. I first caught a trailer for this one early January 2015, and now finally, in October 2017 people will actually get a chance to see the film. Instead of putting it out in theaters on one of the several false release dates they've announced these last few dozen months they've decided to release it directly to Google Play. For free. Just click this link here and for a limited time you can add the film to your collection at no cost. Google Play can be a bit wonky, if it doesn't have a "Buy HD Free" link when you click it, just try back a bit later. 

Just a heads up, this is the PG-13 version. I personally don't really mind PG-13 stuff, but I know a lot of horror fans flip their shit over the rating. I prefer R rated or Unrated versions given the option of course, but I'll still watch the PG-13 version and worry about seeing a longer cut down the road if one ends up being released. Given how long this already took, I'm not holding my breath. A Blu-ray release is coming soon, but that looks like it will also only include the PG-13 cut.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails