Thursday, March 22, 2018

Ridiculous Screenshot of the Day - There's No "U" in Mortuary. No, Wait, There's Only One "U" in Mortuary


From the 1996 Hong Kong horror/comedy anthology Till Death Do Us Laugh (Guai tan xie hui).

I know I've seen this movie before, but while skimming through to make sure I had the title right for this screenshot I couldn't remember a single thing about it. Does this happen to anyone else, or is my brain just in worse shape than I thought? For the last decade, I've kept track of every movie I've watched on IMDB and now Letterboxd because I watch so many movies I can't keep up with what I've seen.

Last year while on vacation I watched Bert I. Gordon's The Cyclops, and William Girdler's The Manitou and thought these were first-time viewings only to realize afterwards while looking at my film tracking lists that I'd already seen them both a couple of years earlier. I can understand not remembering The Cyclops because the monster is pretty similar to the one Bert used in War of the Colossal Beast and I could've gotten the two mixed up. But how did I not remember The Manitou? It features a scene where a demonic Native American midget is birthed out of a woman's back, followed by a bunch of hilarious naked whacked out cosmic space shit. That's pretty memorable. Maybe I need to tone down the craziness of the stuff I'm watching if I can forget something like that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails