Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mummy Came In My Room - A Manchester Morgue Compilation

Here's my latest compilation featuring 19 songs that appeared in various genre films. Some obscure, some not so obscure. I call it Mummy Came In My Room. Thanks to Eugene for inspiring the title.

I've made two covers for this one. The first, using a lovely piece of artwork from the film Wrestling Women vs. The Aztec Mummy. The second, a racy "Adults Only" version with topless hooters and a boogieing down mummy.




The tracklist (Artist - Song Title - Film in which song appears)

  • Mike Armstrong - House of the Devil theme - House of the Devil
  • Greg Stone - Here in the Darkness - Sorority Babes In The Slimeball Bowl-a-Rama
  • I'm A Monster - Rock 'n' Roll Frankenstein
  • Lectro Shock - Rock 'n' Roll Frankenstein
  • Carol Browning - Edge of Forever - The Forest
  • Cocco - Lay Down My Arms - Kairo (Pulse)
  • Keith Mansfield - Summers Coming - Rabid
  • The Yellow Monkey - Girlie - Otogiriso aka St. John's Wort
  • Gloria Lee - Falling Into You - American Zombie
  • I'm a Zombie Too - American Zombie
  • Lisa Rypdal - En Spennende Dag For Josefine - Rovdyr (Manhunt)
  • Mark Blankfield - Hyde's Got Nothing To Hide - Jekyll & Hyde...Together Again
  • World Sinks Except Japan - End Credits (not sure of the title or artist)
  • Mama Don't Cry - Your Smile - Marronnier
  • Hillbilly Hellcats - Dead Man's Party - Dead & Breakfast
  • Suzanne Solari - Saviour - Roller Blade Warriors & Roller Blade
  • Tomoyasu Hotei - Save Me - Samurai Fiction
  • Harry Manfredini & John Carridi - Slaughter High Theme - Slaughter High
  • Kou Nakagawa - High School Murder Case - Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl

Some notes on most of the tracks:

Mike Armstrong - Opening Theme from House of the Devil. For some reason this excellent Cars-inspired track (performed by Ti West's friend Mike Armstrong) is not on the soundtrack release. I've ripped it from the DVD, so this should be one of the few places to find it online.

I'm a Monster & Lectro Shock from Rock 'n' Roll Frankenstein. I can't remember the name of the band so I'll just call them Frank & The Steins until someone corrects me.

Carol Browning - Edge of Forever from The Forest. Plays over the end credits of Donald "The Love Butcher" Jones' 1982 cannibal slasher film The Forest.

Cocco - Lay Down My Arms from Kairo. This is an alarmingly upbeat song to end such a downbeat movie with.


Keith Mansfield - Summer's Coming from David Cronenberg's Rabid. Credit to this track goes out to Franco from the HorrorDVDs forum. He found it and posted in online, it's an excellent track that I really wanted to include on this compilation.

Gloria Lee - Falling Into You from American Zombie. Falling Into You doesn't really have anything to do with the movie, I'm thinking Gloria Lee is related to director Grace Lee.

I'm A zombie Too also from American Zombie.It turns out zombies are just a bunch of damn hippies. There are two versions of I'm A Zombie Too in the film. First is an acoustic hippy version during Live Dead and there is also a hot-rockin' version at the beginning of the end credits. Out of boredom, I just roughly edited the two versions together.


Lisa Rypdal - En Spennende Dag For Josefine from Norwegian slasher Rovdyr (Manhunt). Known as Naked: Booby Trap in Japan.

The World Sinks Except Japan - The credits are entirely in Japanese for this one so I'm not sure the artist/title. Any help on this will be appreciated.


Suzanne Solari - Saviour from Roller Blade Warriors. I ripped this from Roller Blade Warriors, but it looks like it's also in another movie called Roller Blade. Somehow they decided this is the official anthem for any Roller Blade themed post-apocalyptic films. Warning on this one, ripped from an .avi file. Not the ideal source for ripping, obviously, but I'm pretty sure Suzanne never put out an album.

Hillbilly Hellcats - Dead Man's Party from Dead & Breakfast. While is shares a title with Oingo Boingo track this is not a cover of that song. Note: this track is tagged as being from Dead & Buried. Ignore that, I wasn't paying attention when I typed that.


Kou Nakagawa - High School Murder Case - Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl. I don't know what's more offensive in this film, the Wrist-Cutters Club or the extreme Ganguro girls with giant lips and bones in their hair.

Harry Manfredini & John Carridi - Theme from Slaughter High. I love Harry, I do, but this song really kind of gives me a headache. I'm sure some of you will enjoy it though.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

just in time for my days off to cheer me up! one of your best yet.

Spasmo Mixtape said...

Hi there, just wanted to say thanks for this and your many other shares. I've just set up my own blog - not much there yet, but slowly growing...

http://spasmo-mixtape.blogspot.com/

Ruggo said...

Been meaning to drop by and leave a comment for a couple of years now. Am a big fan and have always enjoyed evetything here...especially the notes.

a paperback horror said...

I LOVE this blog and have been following it for quite a while. You never fail to impress, and this last post is a perfect example of that.

Awesome. Just awesome.

Jon Anders Klausen said...

it´s actually "Inger Lise Rypdal", not Lisa Rypdal :)

thebrokenvow said...

Gloria Lee- Falling Into You off of American Zombie... so good. Thanks!

http://atrocityexhibtion.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Great RABID track - thanks alot dude!

Tog said...

According to IMDB, the score for "The World Sinks Except Japan" is by Masako Ishii.

cerita dewasa said...

nice

cpns said...

complet playlist

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails