Monday, January 19, 2009

Creatures of the Night - A Manchester Morgue Compilation

Here is the second volume of covers, I call it Creatures of the Night. This one is pretty much entirely metal bands doing the covers, save for the Deftones track. They're not very metal. I think that this is the better compilation of the two, hopefully everyone will find something they enjoy.

This cover was from the sixth issue of Vampirella. I love the artwork, but I'm not entirely happy with my small contributions to the cover. I might try and fix it up but I don't know if I'll have time.

Iced Earth - Creatures of the Night (KISS)
Opeth - Would? (Alice in Chains)
Dimmu Borgir - Metal Heart (Accept)
Deceased - 2 Minutes To Midnight (Iron Maiden)
Warrel Dane - Lucretia My Reflection (Sisters of Mercy)
White Zombie - Children of the Grave (Black Sabbath)
Shadows Fall - Welcome To The Machine (Pink Floyd)
Therion - Thor (Manowar)
Heaven Shall Burn - Whatever That Hurts (Tiamat)
Arsis - Roses on White Lace (Alice Cooper)
Bruce Dickinson - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Black Sabbath)
Emperor - Gypsy (Mercyful Fate)
Edge of Sanity - Blood of my Enemies (Manowar)
Hammerfall - Man On The Silver Mountain (Dio)
Deftones - Simple Man (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
Novembre - The Promise (Arcadia)
Iron Savior - Crazy (Seal)

Download

If you're bored, be sure to check out Space Bastard for a look at some classic Meatloaf and Troma posters.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with the cover; you did a swell job. Makes the contents look all the more enticing.
Thanks for this comp!
Good fun!

Anonymous said...

I love the cover. And thanks for the fantastic mix...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comps. Great stuff!

Richard said...

do you happen to have Ron Grainer's "the Prisoner" soundtrack by chance?

Anonymous said...

Completely unrelated to this post, but I came across an old post about the Memories of Murder soundtrack, and was wondering if you still had it.

http://the-manchester-morgue.blogspot.com/2006/11/taro-iwashiro-salinui-chueok-memories.html

Please e-mail me at printerati@hotmail.com if so. Thanks!

Alex said...

Off topic--but I just had to share! I went to see "My Bloody Valentine 3-D" this afternoon, and was blown away! The effects were fabulous, and the 3-D was incredible! Heck, even the story, (which was basically the old version sweetened up) was all good!

Also,a huge nostalgic moment as waiting for the picture to start, we saw the promo for February 13th's release of the NEW "Friday The 13th"!

I saw all of these in the Drive-In as a kid so, man was this ever a fabulous flashback, and a fresh start to some old favorites!

Have a great weekend and talk at you soon!

Alex :)

phelpster said...

Rich - Thanks! I'm always a little harsh on my own work, even if it's something minor like what I did on this one. Glad you like it:)

Richard - Sorry, don't think I have that one, I'll see if I can find it though.

Bottom anonymous - I just added a new link, so you can grab it from the original post now. Thanks for letting me know it was down.

Alex - I too had a great time at MBV 3-D. Hopefully they've realized that if they're going to remake every classic movie out there that this is the way to do it. It was very gruesome and most importantly it was very entertaining.

Being born in 1981, I was too young for the Friday the 13th 3-D, Jaws 3-D or any of that stuff in theaters. This was actually my first theatrical 3-D experience and probably the most fun I've had at a theater in years.

Alex said...

Well Phelpster, I was born in 1966, so I managed to sneak into the theatres as I was best friends with the owners of the local matinee', as well as the Drive-In. Those were terrific times, I'm sure that you would've fit right in and loved every minute of it :)
I grew up in theatres and those movies still bring back fond memories of long nights, too much popcorn and a lot of thrills and chills!
I started collecting horror movie posters a few years ago, and have quite a few of the old classics!

From "Grizzly" (1976) and "Squirm" to "Friday the 13th", "Nightmare on Elm Street" and "Halloween". It's honestly a labor of love!
In Toronto Ontario (where I'm originally from) we also had dear old "Chuck the Security Guard" hosting the Late Show and classic horror films. I still laugh when I think back to all the golden age "Schlock" we were blessed with after midnight!

Well, I better shut up now. This posting's gotten long enough :)

Sigh, cheers and here's one to the good ol' days!

Alex

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails