I kinda regret not getting a Halloween compilation together this year so I wanted to make sure I get a Christmas one done. As you can see I decided to go against my usual dark and gruesome compilation art choices and chose a pervy old Playboy painting instead. I also toned down the ridiculousness of the title (and in turn made it by far the longest title ever) to try and make it match the old compilation records they used to make so many of. Bert Kaempfert had a thousand of these things. I see at least a dozen of his every time I go to the thrift store.
As with all my compilations, I don't have a planned out order in which these songs should be listened to, I just listed them alphabetically because that's how they were in the folder. I don't have enough time to do my usual incessant rambling today, so you get to avoid reading all of that today. Anyway, here's your tracklist, hope you guys enjoy it!
- Argent - Christmas For The Free
- Boney M. - Winter Fairy-Tale
- Danny Elfman - Ice Dance (from Edward Scissorhands) I know Elfman gets ripped on a lot, but his work on Scissorhands is beautiful
- Dexter Gordon - The Christmas Song
- Futurama - Xmas Elves (song from the show, not a band called Futurama)
- Lance J. Holt - I Saw Mommy Kissing Yog-Sothoth- Lovecraft Christmas
- Mark Snow - Snow For Christmas (from Ernest Saves Christmas)
- New Kids on the Block - Funky, Funky Christmas
- Nina - Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown? (from On Her Majesty's Secret Service)
- Osaka Popstar - The Christmas That Almost Wasn't
- Paul Revere & The Raiders - Rain, Sleet, Snow
- Primus - Del Davis Tree Farm
- Ramonas - Santa's Got A GTO
- The Business - Step Into Christmas
- The Vandals - Grandpa's Last Christmas
- The Vandals - My First Christmas As A Woman (I accidentally added two Vandals songs. Oops.)
- Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping
- XTC - Thanks For Christmas
- Zombina & The Skeletones - Transylvanian Xmas
If you are still after more ridiculous Christmas nonsense, my last compilation Robot Sleeperhold: Or Who The Fuck Is Parson Brown? is still up.