Sunday, June 20, 2010

Chinese Newspaper - Master of the Flying Chop Suey Bowl or Chair-Fu

At my job, about once a week we receive a shipment of merchandise that comes wrapped in old, wrinkled up Chinese/Japanese/Indian newspapers. I am obsessed with unwrinkling these newspapers written in a language I can't read and thoroughly looking through them. Why? Because sometimes you find something like this:


Please, any Chinese (or Japanese, not quite sure, the characters look pretty similar to me) wang enlargening spam posters, for once I need you. Well, you or any actual legitimate visitors of my site who know the language. Please translate this for me. I need to know why this dude has beaned this lady in the cranium with a hot bowl of chow mein and then chased her downstairs while wielding both a knife and a chair.

7 comments:

C N Heidelberg said...

What a find! I can't read it, but the first thing to come to mind was some kind of domestic abuse awareness ad or article.

Spookywolffe said...

This is the Chinese version of "The Lockhorns".

Anonymous said...

Noodar ovahcook, bad rady!

Shelby Cobras said...

Not quaint enough to be "The Lockhorns". Chinese Andy Capp.

Ty said...

OK, my coworker gave me this [loose] translation:

Text says, the husband was mad at his wife because she made her baby cry by feeding the hot food (too hot). He poured the food onto her. She got angry, turned to kitchen to grab the knife to defend herself. At some point, husband took over the knife, ran after her, and he hurt her, she left a bloody hand print on the wall while running.

Anonymous said...

Brrr - This gives me the creeps!

Anonymous said...

pretty sure this is from the chinese newspaper called the Apple Daily, which made their debut in the anglophone press with their computer recreation of the tiger woods incident-- they have a great brutalist flare for design and setting,

see for example, here
http://www.zonaeuropa.com/200911c.brief.htm
an article with a recreation of the town secretary raping the local policewoman

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails