Tuesday, May 15, 2007

EERIE - Illustrated Pages of Terror and Suspense!

This is an idea I got from the spectacular X-Y-Z-Cosmonaut's CosmoBlog. In addition to posting a lot of super obscure music they also post some comics in .cbr format. I've always been a fan of the old Warren comics, ever since my uncle gave a bunch of issues of Creepy and Eerie when I was a kid. So I thought it might be fun to post a few issues of Eerie that I just got in .cbr format. In order to view .cbr files you need a program like CDisplay, which you can find with a quick Google search. Also, I found that if you just use the WinRAR Archiver you can open them as well. Of course with CDisplay it's easier to actually read them, but WinRAR will do the trick.





I'm just putting up three random issues I have to sort of test it out and see if anyone is interested in any more of them. I have a ton of Eerie comics like this, and I'm getting some other pretty cool horror-themed comics that I may post if there is any interest. The issues included in this set are #43 (Nov. 1972), #89 (Jan 1978), and #110 (Apr. 1980), a few of my personal favorites. I only put up 3 since I'm not sure how high the demand is going to be for these, and these things are about 30MB a piece, so I stopped at 3 to keep it under 100MB.


Note: These aren't my scans, I got them from a site I frequent and the guy who posted them didn't really say whose scans they were on all of them, so I'm not sure who to credit. But thanks a ton to whoever is responsible for scanning them.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Warren's ERRIE and CREEPY magazines. I used to collect them in the late 70s and early 80s. Please continue to post issues when possible. Your website is a wealth of great nostalgic memorabilia. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Yes I can hardly wait to see more of these.
I became so involved with worry back in the 70's I forgot about my interests.
Thank You for this culture of fun.
Vince

Anonymous said...

Big thanks! I was introduced to Warren's mags as a kid in the early/mid 80's when they were no longer published. I have a modest stack today, and some issues are hard to get, so posting them is a godsend.

-Mike

Anonymous said...

This is awsome. Thanks for these. I wouldn't mind more. How about some Vampirella?

Anonymous said...

link error

phelpster said...

Cool, I'm glad you guys enjoyed them. I'll definitely put some more up. I don't have every Eerie, but I do have most of them, probably 80-90%. I'll probably put up issues 1-4 next.

To the anonymous with the 4th comment- Sadly the only Warren stuff I have at the time is Eerie. I'm hoping to get Creepy next, but I'd love to get Vampirella and I'll be sure to post them if I get them. Vampi actually did appear in a few issues of Eerie, I could maybe do an "All Vampirella" pack or something.

To the anonymous with the 6th comment- Try the link again, I just checked it and it's working fine. Let me know if you still have trouble.

Anonymous said...

Thanks phelpster! I used to read these as a kid all the time then started collecting them again as a adult.Still remember that sweltering hot summer day after Day Camp when my Mother got me my first color issue of EERIE. If only she knew.If only..hee hee. Great to see them available to enjoy in a format that could be put onto cd without worrying about torn pages :)

Anonymous said...

Whoaaa!!! I've been looking for Creepy and Errie comics for a long time. Thank you so much. Brings back memories!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails