Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pumpkinhead + Pumpkinhead 2: Son of Pumpkinhead Coming From Scream Factory

I'm a bit late on posting this, I've been busy all day because I spent my first Record Store Day actually out at record stores. I didn't find the Bronx Warriors soundtrack I was after but I did make it on TV, so that was kind of neat -  I'm the balding beardy guy in the brown jacket (talking to the guy with the umbrella I didn't know but spent 2 hours of my life with) 22 seconds into this clip.

Anyway, big announcement from Scream Factory, followed by a less big announcement from Scream Factory:


Poster from ShitMovieFest. Not official Scream artwork.

Stan Winston’s 1988 monster film PUMPKINHEAD (one of our most highly-requested titles) will be coming to the ‘factory’ on Blu-ray for the first time this September! And…its 1993’s sequel PUMPKINHEAD II: BLOOD WINGS will be released on the same date too!

We announced these on the latest episode of “Choice Cuts” over at Shock Till You Drop. Check out the full episode where we also talk at length about our process, titles and more @ http://bit.ly/1ha5vkW

PUMPKINHEAD will be a “Collector’s Edition” (in fact, artwork is just about done) and PUMPKINHEAD II will be its own separate release. No further details to report at this time but we'll keep you posted on developments during our “Summer of Fear”.

I think Pumpkinhead is a legitimately good movie, so this is great news. Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings is a bit of a turkey, but my friend and I had one of our all time greatest movie riff offs during Pumpkinhead 2, so sure, it's a bad movie wrought with bad acting and startling continuity errors, but it's certainly quite entertaining, so count me in on both releases.

2 comments:

Spookywolffe said...

"She was LITERALLY SCARED...TO DEATH!!" Yeah, Blood Wings is one of those "so bad it's good" type movies, but the first one is one of my favorites (I actually have a tattoo of the monster). I'm thrilled to see it's getting blu-ray respect finally!!

Dick said...

I was down there also (I didn't get on the news though !). Was looking to score a few things - Soundtracks to BULLITT, BRONX WARRIORS and the EMANUELLE one, plus the Animals EP (which was the only thing I got) and the Gram Parsons outtakes. I hope that Schoolkids has a location now that they can stick around in.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails