Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Session 9 - Original Score

Here is the score to one of my favorite films, Session 9. The music was done the Climax Golden Twins. Not sure who they are, and I don't think they've done another other cinematic scoring, but they do a bang up job on this one. Session 9 is one of the few movies to actually scare the bejesus out of me. I was really freaked out and jumpy the rest of the night. Really, it scared the hell out of me. The scene where the character who suffers from nyctophobia is being "chased" by the darkness as the power goes out is one of my favorite scenes of any movie ever.

This came out when I first started working for the world's most beloved video store chain, Blockbuster. For the first few months after the movie came out I was like that particular Blockbuster's own Session 9 publicist. I tried to get anyone who came in and asked for a good movie to rent it. (Of course suggesting a movie like this to the general movie going public is not such a good idea. Really customers asking for video store employees to suggest anything to them isn't a good idea either. A person you've never met and who isn't familiar with your personal movie taste is probably not going to have a good shot at picking something you'll like. I remember a guy actually yelled at me for suggesting Amelie one time. Asshole.) I only actually got a few people to watch Session 9, but those that did came out fans afterwards.

The score is genuinely unsettling and eerie, even if you don't like the movie the score is an essential addition to your collection.

1. A Few Simple Up & Down Jerks 2. Hobbes Theme 3. Noon, About Noon 4. I Live in the Gut 5. Mortified Pride 6. Exit Plan 7. I Want to Talk to Amy 8. I Saw You 9. Ward A 10. Seclusion 11. Disappointed Expectations 12. Piece of Tape Recorder

Okay, I'll try and add a Filesend link later, damn site won't let me upload right now. Rapidshare link, you know how it works, download this one soon or it might be deleted before you get a chance.
http://rapidshare.com/files/2399033/sessionnine.rar

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, agree with everything you said. I rented this not knowing much about it and it certainly one of the more spookier films I have seen. Much more original than alot of the dreck Hollywood puts out these days. This was filmed at the Danvers State Hospital in Danvers, Massachusetts. If you google Danvers State Hospital, there are many websites which show amazing pictures of the place much of which has been torn down.

Anonymous said...

thanks a lot man

awesome movie - danvers is one fucking spooky place - I would hate to be locked in there for the night - If you wern't fucking nuts going in, your brain would be jello coming out!

phelpster said...

Yeah, check it out as soon as you can, it's damn fine stuff. By the way, Hellraiser 3 is over on the Colonel Angus site, if you didn't already see it on there. He actually put it up the exact day I was about to put it up, he totally beat me to the punch though.

Anonymous said...

Climax Golden Twins are Rob Mills & Jeffrey Taylor, of Seattle. They've put out numerous releases, but as far as I know this is their only soundtrack to date. You can learn more about them & their work at: http://www.climaxgoldentwins.com

Anonymous said...

Just downloaded this one - thanks so much for sharing!

Session 9 was a truly eerie movie, anything dealing with insane asylums or mental illness is. It's a deep movie with a lot of social commentary worth paying attention to. The score is brilliantly used, too, emphasizing the creepy factor. Despite it's snail crawling pace, it's a great one.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite movies as well. Thank you thank you thank you for uploading this and especially for adding the Lou Barlow track as well. I've been looking for that one forever!

Anonymous said...

thanks a lot for this!

:-)

Anonymous said...

MUCH RESPECT FOR THIS


THIS MUSIC REALLY GOT IN MY HEAD

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot !!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails