Saturday, July 14, 2007

Jesse and the Rippers - Forever


I just found this while going through my old stuff, it's only one track but I thought it'd be fun to post. This is the song Forever by Jesse and the Rippers from the show Full House. For anyone who doesn't know, Jesse and the Rippers was Uncle Jesse's (not to be confused with this Uncle Jesse) band, and they finally hit it kinda big and used this song for their music video. I downloaded it like 2 years ago for a CD I was making for my ex-girlfriend, it got a pretty good laugh, so I recommend using it if you're ever making a compilation for anyone familiar with Full House. It's not as bad as you would think, it sounds pleasant enough, it's got a decidedly optimistic "Christian Rock" feel to it (not like those hip musicians with their complicated shoes!), and the solo is kick-ass. Well, semi kick-ass, at least for such a wusstacular song.

While I'm on a terrible 80's television referencing roll here, ALF could've totally sued Full House if they'd had the mind to. ALF came out in 1986, featuring a family called The Tanners. Full House came out in 1987, also featuring a family called The Tanners. Coincidence? I don't know, probably. I have absolutely no point at all here, just saying, ALF could've used the money to step up the ALF effects. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the song that put Jesse and the Rippers (was the Ripper part a Judas Priest reference?) on the map. For that one episode.

4 comments:

Adam Wilkins said...

thank you for the complicated shoes refrence (that episode was on tonight actually).

Timh Gabriele said...

forever is a song originally by the beach boys that appeared on their sunflower album. this song is admittedly cheesy, but otherwise its a pretty good album

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the song

Unknown said...

That song is really well done. That episode of Full House was on. Thats what brought me here.

4/18/2008

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails