Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Bart Simpson's - Treehouse of Horror 1-8






Simpsons comics anyone? I personally don't really care too much for most of the Bongo Simpsons stuff, but these annual Treehouse of Horror issues are actually pretty awesome. They're great because they have other writers and artists who don't usually work on The Simpsons have a crack at a Simpsons story. I really enjoy seeing an artist incorporate their own style into a pre-existing character or series. I'm not sure why, but I guess it's just cool to see someone breathe some new life into something that you're so familiar with. In fact, I'd say that the War of the Colossal Beast inspired cover from issue #8 is possibly my favorite piece of Simpsons art I've ever seen. If it were I shirt, I'd strongly consider purchasing it. This one isn't too bad either:


Some of the artists featured include; Hilary Barta, Jeff Smith, Jim Mahfood, Jill Thompson, John McCrea, Mike Allred, and Sergio Aragones, just to name a few. My personal favorite is Hilary Barta's Power Plant of Pain, the artwork is just incredible. Here's a little sample:

This set is only for the first 8 issues, from 1995 to 2002. I am working on getting the remaining issues that came out between 2003 and now, I'll post them if I can get them. These scans (and the scans of none of the comics I post, actually) were not done by me, but I thank the scanners who did all the dirty work.


Just to let everyone know, I will have some new music up here soon. I'm putting the finishing touches on an unoffial soundtrack from the movie Spun, and the music from 1977's sophmoric sex romp The Van should also be up soon - Featuring the smash hit 'Chevy Van'! Check back for those in the next couple of days, along with whatever other stuff I may or may not get around to posting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails