Thursday, December 10, 2009

Video Today's Guide to Horror Video - 1986




This is Video Today's Guide to Horror Video from 1986. This was a 32-page supplemental magazine covering the Top 100 Horror tapes available in 1986. From Angel of Vengeance (Ms. 45) to Zombie Creeping Flesh. It also includes a look back at some of cinema's finest scream queens and a brief overview of the "big 4" movie monsters, Dracula, The Mummy, The Werewolf and Frankenstein's Monster (incidentally, I'm currently wearing a shirt with the big 4 on it).

Obviously at 32 pages, this isn't covering a ton of ground, but it's still pretty cool for anyone who enjoys stuff like Videohound, or The Essential Monster Movie Guide.

7 comments:

Corlen Kruger said...

WOW thanks for these great shares,love visiting your website.
Awsome work, keep it up, its always appreciated.

prezza said...

I cannot believe it. I had this, probably still have it in my loft somewhere. I was born in 75 so was 10 or 11 at the time and used to take it to school and me and my pals used to debate it for hours. The following month had another about the top sci-fi movies. strange that they should have Amityville 3 on the cover being the crap film that it was. super work.

Jay Clarke said...

Awesome post, some great titles on there.

Mary Shelley Overdrive said...

Is that a still from Xtro on the first scan?

Term Papers said...

It also includes a look back at some of cinema's finest scream queens and a brief overview of the "big 4" movie monsters, Dracula, The Mummy, The Werewolf and Frankenstein's Monster (incidentally, I'm currently wearing a shirt with the big 4 on it).

serdarot said...

Love the post, too... While I never had access to this one in former Yugoslavia, I remember some similar mags from back in the day. Cheers!

Unknown said...

Ahhg, the link is dead! Shame, I used to have this and would love to revisit it. Any chance of a reup?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails