Monday, November 27, 2006

International Curtis Armstrong Day

I was just reading about Revenge of the Nerds and it turns out today is Curtis Armstrong's birthday. Therefore I declare November 27th (what little bit that's left of it, at least) International Curtis Armstrong day. Pointless post? Perhaps, but I really think the man deserves a medal or something. He will live on forever in the annals of movie history by making three great 80's comedies even greater with his overall hilariousness. That's not a word, I know, but dammit all I can't think of a better way to put it. Miles in Risky Business, Dudly 'Booger' Dawson in Revenge of the Nerds and Charles De Mar in Better Off Dead. Never a dull moment when he's onscreen. We need to get this man more work. Now! Granted he was in an Academy Award winning film a couple of years ago, but still, I want more Curtis. Who's with me?

I'll leave you with this. I've assembled some classic Curtis Armstrongisms into a poem. But not really at all. Enjoy:

Step aside mama, I wanna see some of that muff.
Why? Does she have a penis?
What the fuck are 'robster craws'?
I say we blow their fucking houses up.
My daddy used to spank my bare bottom. Now he's gone.
Will you take his place?
Joel, you wanna know something? Every now and then say, "What the fuck." "What the fuck" gives you freedom. Freedom brings opportunity. Opportunity makes your future.
I don't believe this! I've got a trig midterm tomorrow, and I'm being chased by Guido the killer pimp.
I hope not. A virgin's a terrible thing to waste.
Greendale is a bodaciously small town, Lane. A fly speck on the map - a rest stop on the way to the ski slope. I can't even get real drugs here!
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
We've got bush!

7 comments:

eniksleestack said...

You say it's his (Curtis Armstrong's) birthday? Well, it's my birthday too! "Booger" and Bruce Lee and Jimmi Hendrix and humble me! Woo-hoo!!!!

Unknown said...

Long live "International Curtis Armstrong Day"!

Anonymous said...

Curtis Armstrong Day sounds good to me! I always wanted to see a buddy movie with Booger and Stiles from Teen Wolf (you know since they both wear the great one-liner t-shirts). Maybe that should be his next project. Did you know he just appeared in person at a screening of 'Nerds' in Austin to announce that there will be no remake? Probably a good thing for all of us.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Hey Phelpster, This post made me think of another "classic" 80s comedy (in my opinion). "Just One of the Guys", do you you have that soundtrack? If so I would love it if you posted it. THANKS. I only have one track from it.

phelpster said...

Wow that is a great group of people to share a birthday with. The only cool people I share a birthday with are Gary Cole, Asia Argento and uh, Dr. Joyce Brothers. Hey she's cool. It's an okay group, but it's no Booger, Bruce and Jimi.

phelpster said...

Sorry, I don't have the Just One of the Guys soundtrack. I'll add it to my list of things to track down. Love the movie though, but then again I love pretty much all 80's comedies. And horror movies. And action movies. Something great about them that I can't put my finger on. If I can find it, I'll definitely put it up.

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Thanks Phelpster, I'll continue to visit the blog.. maybe one day "Just one of the Guys" will be here.

Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails