Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The Manchester Morgue's Mega Sega Rom Pack!


Here's a bunch of Sega Genesis Roms for your downloading and playing pleasure. I had posted a NES rom pack way back when I first started the site and a few people seemed interested in seeing some Sega roms posted, so I went ahead and assembled this little set here. There are about 60 Roms included in this pack, plus 3 emulators in case you don't have one already. I guess it's not that "mega" of a Rom pack really when you consider that I have like a thousand Sega and Mega Drive Roms, but it's more than a few, so we're sticking with "Mega". I went through my Roms and found some of the best games that were put out for the Genesis, I even looked up a couple "Best Of" guides to find some good lesser known games. I also went ahead and threw Shaq Fu in there because it's apparently one of the worst games ever made and I find that funny for some reason.

I think the highlight here, for me at least, is Zombies Ate My Neighbors, but I also really enjoy Comix Zone, which has you jumping into the next panel in the comic book that is being created as you play. Definitely make sure those are among the first you try out. Another that is surprisingly entertaining is Michael Jackson's Moonwalker game. Very stupid game, but also very fun. I was also very happy to see that the Julian Sands movie Warlock even had it's own video game at one point. Something surreal about seeing the Trimark logo popping up on the screen of a video game. Anyway, here's the list of what all is included in the download. The emulators are the zipped folders, I personally couldn't really get the AGES emulator to work, but I think that might be my computer's problem. If neither of them works for you, just do a quick search, tons of sites have them to download.

Addams Family
Alien 3
Alien Soldier
Atomic Runner
Bio Hazard Battle
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Castlevania: The New Generation
Columns
Comix Zone
Contra: Hard Corps
Dinosaurs for Hire
Double Dragon II Japanese
Double Dragon III
Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
Duke Nukem 3D
Ghostbusters
Golden Axe Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3
Gunstar Heroes
The Haunting (Starring Polterguy!)
Home Alone
James Bond - The Duel
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
Mutant League Football
Mutant League Hockey
M.U.S.H.A.
Rambo 3
Ren and Stimpy: Stimpy's Invention
Revenge of Shinobi
Road Rash Part 1, Part 2
Robocop 3
Shaq Fu
Spiderman - Animated Series
Spiderman and X-Men
Spiderman Vs. The Kingpin
Splatterhouse Part 2, Part 3
Strider Part 1, Part 2
Superman
T2 Terminator 2 - Arcade
T2 Judgment Day
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : Hyperstone Heist
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : Return of the Shredder
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : Tournament Fighters
Terminator
The Ooze
Toejam & Earl Part 1, Part 2
Toxic Crusaders (Troma!)
Twin Cobra Japanese
Undead
Vectorman Part 1, Part 2
Warlock
Wayne's World
X-Men
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Welcome to the next level!

Quick note, for some reason the game The Haunting (Starring Polterguy!) only seems to work on the Xega emulator. If anyone actually gets it to work on one of the others let me know.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. Brings back alot of memories. Could you repost the horror/sci-fi themed games for the NES.

phelpster said...

Yep, I'll be posting a similar pack with NES games very soon. I've got most of the games put out for the NES, do you have any specific requests?

Docrate1 said...

If you wish, i 've uploaded the 6 tracks cd that was once offered packed with comix Zone:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3wq1wqx19cz

Anonymous said...

Ok.... scanner is kaput so I scanned it in at work. Bet you thought I'd forgotten, didn't you?

Here's the link to the image :-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/punkrich/posters/Guardian.jpg

phelpster said...

docrate 1 - Very cool, thanks for sharing! I had no idea such a thing existed so thanks for posting the link.:)

kevin coed - Thanks so much for taking the time to scan it for me! I really appreciate it. Especially since you had to bother with doing it at work and all. I'll be posting it up on the site later on since they mentioned a few fellow Blogger sites. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Apologies for the dodgy quality of the scan. The scanner in work is crap.

phelpster said...

kevin - Oh, that's cool, the scan you've provided will get the job done. I just appreciate you doing it for me.

The Long Island Ripper said...

@ phelpster

thanks man for uploading haunting! my bad man for not responding in the other comment section to your response to my post. I totally forgot about it. Congrats on getting mentioned in that English paper. I was hoping I'd see my blog mentioned too since mine's been getting pretty popular since August. maybe next time. but your blog and the others have been around much longer than mine. anyways thanx again. and keep up the excellent work on the blog :).

Raven176 said...

Too funny.
I STILL have the Warlock game somewhere. A friend borrowed it just last year, as a matter of fact.
Re-living his youth.

theotaking said...

Thank you! especially for the Zombies Ate My Neighbors game. I LOVED this game and played it many, many times.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Good job!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails